This year’s conference features a Student Day specially tailored to college students preparing to enter the industry. Tickets are $50 for one day and $75 for two days with a valid student ID.
- Access to all VA-1 conference sessions throughout the day, lunch, and access to the exhibit hall
- Opportunities to interact with HTM students from across the Commonwealth – meet your peers!
- Networking events with major tourism industry players – meet your next employer!
- Special student sessions on November 13th.
Special Student Sessions
[ subject to change ]
- Welcome from Brad Van Dommelan — Director, Virginia Beach Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Roger Dow — President & CEO, U.S. Travel Association
- Making the most of your time at the conference
- Breaking into the Event Planning Field — a panel discussion with Lindsay Usher, Old Dominion University
- Dianna Starkey – Tourism Director, Virginia Arts Festival
- Nancy Rosen – Catering Manager, Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront
- Liz Le – Lead Wedding Coordinator, Norfolk Botanical Gardens
- Opportunities in the Hospitality Industry — a panel discussion
- Cliff Myers — Director of Administration, Virginia Beach Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Kim Keene – Director of Human Resources, Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach
- Exhibit Hall
- General Session + Lunch
- VA-1 Breakout Sessions (volunteers needed as room monitors)